A process scan is not a document to be glanced at now and again. It can prove invaluable in practice.
A process scan:
- Is a tool to help you train new staff quicker;
- Shows the place and function of everyone’s work in the bigger picture;
- Shows the key moments within the process; if these are not (adequately) completed then the following stage will commence, but on an unstable foundation;
- Offers the possibility to translate the event-related steps into an event blue print – and even to refine it into a task list per department;
- Can be used to test job descriptions: the same procedural steps must appear here as well;
- Is a tool for holding the organisational chart up to the light: does the hierarchical structure mirror the responsibilities for the work process?
- Offers the possibility to assess the responsibilities critically: does the responsibility lie in the right place at each step?
Please contact TOT to discuss the options available to you.