Cultural organisations can no longer do without private financing. Crowd funding is hot, but organisations still seek ways to recruit sponsors, donors and friends.
That entails all kinds of activities:
- Finding potential donors;
- Keeping a record of who has been approached, when and how;
- Determining who has reacted to a mail or telephone campaign;
- Registering donations, and receiving and checking payments;
- Sending annual reminders and thank yous for gifts received.
- If you have a limited number of sponsors and donors or a tight-knit group run by volunteers, Excel is the perfect tool for recording addresses and donations.
However, you could also purchase a program for this purpose.
What a program like that can do:
- Document fundraising campaigns and measure their impact;
- Register donations per donor and per campaign;
- Prepare collection data for the bank;
- Create analyses of donor profiles.
There is a lot of fundraising software available: big or small, expensive or open source, stand-alone or integrated into a CRM program. There are few ticket sales programs with a fundraising option, strangely enough, as this seems to be a logical combination for those who sell tickets.
The benefits of fundraising information combined with ticket sales:
- The majority of (potential) donors are already in the ticket sales system;
- You can track donation profiles alongside visitor profiles in order to get a comprehensive image of the relation;
- All communication made with the relation is centrally located;
- A donor is recognised at the box office.
In this section of the site – under the Applications heading – you perused articles about event scheduling, personnel scheduling, time tracking, ticket sales, CRM and fundraising. Please feel free to contact TOT for a consultation with an expert.
However, before you are ready for an application, you must have a clear idea of the work processes within your organisation and be able to state where, with or without the assistance of automatisation, these can be further streamlined.